Monday, February 23, 2009

Adding the Web Address Bar

I hit the web several dozen times a day. But it is usually just to check a fact or grab a quick link. So I'm continually jumping to a handful of regularly used web sites, over and over, all day long. Rather than having to open my browser all the time and then entering the web URL into the address bar, I can save time by just adding the address bar to my screen. This way, when I need to quickly jump to a web site, I can just type the URL into the address bar at the bottom of my screen and hit enter. That'll cause my browser to open right to the page I need.To add the address bar to your taskbar, right click any empty spot on your taskbar and choose Toolbars, as shown below. There you'll see a list of various toolbars you can make visible. Or even create a new toolbar to access some commonly used folder on your system. Note that this can also be done in Windows XP.


However, I don't know if you can double up the bars in Win XP as you now can in Vista. I tried it in XP and couldn't make it work.

But in Vista, it allows you to pile th

em up versus having to have every toolbar next to each other.

Granted, you may have to expand your taskbar to make enough room to pile things up. You can do this by grabbing the top of the taskbar and dragging it upwards. To return it to a single bar, just drag it back down. This move can also be done in Win XP. See the image below to understand how this is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment